Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yippee!! We’re Moving to Mesa.

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Sunday finally arrived and it’s moving day …. again. When we don’t move, I want to move. When we do move, I feel we’re moving too soon. Well, many times that’s what I feel. However, this time I was ready to go. Where we are at isn’t really a park. It’s just some place to pull of the road for a day or two in a really great location. We didn’t put out the awning or even take our chairs out. I guess we knew all along we’d want to leave soon. It’s not really less expensive than others but it’s convenient.

Our move is just a short distance since we are moving into Mesa for a week before we go on to Apache Junction … maybe. Two moves and total mileage about 28 miles. That’s a far cry from the 600 plus miles we did last year about this time as we left the state of Florida and arrived in Texas on a map1one day jaunt along the southern Gulf coast. We’ll be in a larger park than I normally like but we’ve been here before and the park has just about everything anyone could possibly want. Our site is even across from the hot tub and swimming pool. The road is paved which is perfect for bike riding.

Apache Junction has a swap meet over the weekends just like they do in Yuma. It’s a fun place to spend a couple hours and get a little exercise as you walk through checking out all the sales. Places like this carry a little bit of everything. You just never know what you might find. That’s the destination for Terry after we get setup.

I haven’t taken any pictures because we haven’t gone any place interesting. We’re going to but just haven’t yet. The only picture I’m posting is of our little group map. It’s fun to watch it. The little pegs represent RV’ers who started out on their adventure in either 2008 or 2009. In the summer all the little pegs were along the northern part of the U.S. Now the little pegs are moving farther and farther south. It looks like we’re getting ready to close in on others we either know or need to meet. Sounds like good times ahead. Oh ... we do have some folks that forget to move their peg.

No comments:

Post a Comment