If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button.
Tuesday I went to school for registration. Obviously, it wasn’t my registration. It was Sandi’s. This is her first year in high school and it took two of us (mom and grandma) to get her to school and to the orientation for new students transferring from out of the area. It wasn’t a tough day. There wasn’t any homework and it only lasted about a half an hour. School starts next week and I don’t need to tell you what that’s going to mean to the RV parks or campgrounds around the area.
I want you to know that I really struggle with the name SANDI. This Sandi was named after my father, believe it or not. Sandy was his nickname for two reasons. His hair was sandy colored and it was an abbreviation of our last name. I also know another Sandy who I occasional correspond with. Then, there is Sandie, another good friend. Sandie and I have spent a bit of time in our RVs together over the last few years. So, many times I send Sandie an email spelled Sandi and many times I write about Sandie when it’s really Sandi. Even I’m confused about this.
On the way back from school we made a couple stops. One of the stops was at Joe’s Place. Our property used to border one of the fields owned by their farm but that was over twenty years ago. At that time the fields behind us were planted in strawberries. Our kids picked strawberries from that field. At that time the fruit trees were planted closer to the farm. Perhaps, it was so they could watch over them and keep the neighborhood kids from picking the fruit. At that time Joe's Farm mainly sold to local residents and local retailers. That’s not the case today.
Today Joe’s Place is very different and has spread out considerably to include acres of fruit and produce grown for wholesale. Much of the food is picked ripe from the vine and sold during the growing season to locals as well. They also maintain many u-pick fields. We stopped at the farm store and made a few purchases of vine ripened fruit, vegetables and other goodies.
One thing I could not pass up was the strawberry rhubarb jam. After tasting it, I can guarantee you that we’re going back for more .. lots more! It may not be especially cheap but it certainly is especially good!
Back at our home base, we had a lot more visitors. The word has gotten around that we’re back and the herd has increased in size. Our grocery bill is definitely going up! Handouts welcome.
| Home Base |
| And, home base, again. We have one RV spot about 75 feet long and the other about 40 feet long. Lots of room and very unlike RV parks. We're here for just a few weeks this time. |
Well, this Sandie answers to any spelling of Sandy or Sandi. I've used them all over the years. I can't believe how many deer were waiting for you to haul out the food. The word definitely has spread.
ReplyDeletePlease wish Sandi, Sandie, Sandy at great school year. It can be pretty scarey going to a new school...especially in high school where so many kids have already established their friend base. I hope she joins some clubs or plays a sport. Great way to get involved. Enjoy your own lovely RV park.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to be have the name of Sandy, Sandi, or Sandie.
ReplyDeleteMost of the time, with the things I get into, my name is Mud...
How about me? My last name is Sand. You wouldn't believe how many people call me Sandy instead of Linda.
ReplyDeleteAnd then there is Jeri and Jerry. We have friends, Sandie and Andy, Sandy and Andy and Sandi and Randy.
ReplyDelete