Sunday, September 19, 2010

Red Robin’s Birthday Celebration

At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual.

The summer marks the majority of birthdays in our family. It starts pretty much the 17th of July with Jordan and goes through seven out of ten of us ending on the 20th of September with Sabrina’s. It’s a pretty busy time for birthdays. When we all lived in Texas we celebrated each and every one of them together. Now that’s kind of impossible. We still celebrate them but not the same way. Since the majority of the birthdays are during the summer we usually go to Red Robin’s for the birthdays. Needless to say we’re pretty busy going there since we don’t do it just once. At birthday time Red Robin sends each of us a certificate for a free gourmet burger. Why wouldn’t we go there? And, as I mentioned the last time I posted about our birthday visit to Red Robin’s, I’ m stuck on the Bonzai Burger. It’s the only thing I order because it’s so good! Of course, I’d even go there without the free gourmet burger … oh that’s right – we do!



icecream

Of course, just because we went to Red Robin’s doesn’t mean we’re through celebrating birthdays. We have another birthday shindig scheduled next Saturday. This time we’ll be celebrating a total of four birthdays …. Terry (again), Sabrina (again), Michelle (niece) and Larry (cousin). Aren’t birthday parties fun? That’s why we decided to celebrate two more birthdays.

This is a busy week leading up to party time. We have a couple cousins coming back with their camper for a few days so we'll party with them. Then, elusive Spiker will be down.

After the weekend ….. we get ready to head south. Normally, September is one of the best months in the Pacific NW. This year it's a little too wet and a little too muddy to hang around. We'll be out of here soon ..... even though we'll certainly miss our family! Hopefully, we'll be able to dry out and clean up before we move.


2 comments:

  1. Here's wishing you some sunny days. Maybe Spiker will bring some with him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm wonder if Red Robins in Canada does that. The majority of our birthdays are in April.

    ReplyDelete