Here we are in the Phoenix “area” and we’ve been around here for more than a month. That’s more than four long weeks that we’ve stayed in the same area. We may have moved a couple times but we’ve hung around close. We’ve spent some time in Casa Grande, some in Mesa and also in Apache Junction. It’s almost time to get on the road again. You know the saying – our hitch is itching. When we first arrived the sun was shining and no rain was in sight. I bragged to everyone about the warm gorgeous days. Yesterday we had drizzle and today showers are expected. That’s what I get for bragging.
Yesterday we did a little casino hopping in the area. I guess I can’t call it a “little” casino hopping. We actually visited three of them and made our share of donations. First of all we went to the Arizona Casino, then to Lone Butte and ended up at Wild Horse Pass. That’s one thing you can say about this area is that there are loads of things to do and especially casinos. They were all advertising their Christmas Day special menus. If you want a good feast, that’s absolutely the place to go --- to a casino buffet for Christmas dinner. You’re certain to find foods you like and foods that were part of your own family traditions.
We were also on the lookout for an ebike for Terry. He thought he wanted one of these. Only time will tell if it gets used or not but we did find one. Now we have to get a car rack for it since it’s too big and too heavy to load in the back of the Jeep. Currently that’s where it’s at since we need to take it to the bike shop to have a tire fixed. It’s not quite what we had in mind but you know how that goes. It wasn’t quite what I had in mind but exactly what Terry wanted. Of course, he wanted anything with a little motor and the price was right. I’ll take a picture today if we ever get it out of the back of the car.
With the holidays comes travel. We used to love traveling by plane a lot but that was before we bought a motorhome and retired. It seems we had more time to take trips when we were working than we have now when we’re not. Thanksgiving I spent in New Jersey with my daughter’s family. Christmas I’ll spend in Washington State with my son’s family. I sure wish they lived on the same coast. It would make it so much easier. Flying stand-by around the holidays can be a disaster. I know. I could actually buy tickets like normal people but why? I worked for years to be able to fly stand-by … so that’s what we do. I just didn’t realize that it also meant I might be spending nights in airports along my route. Oh well ….. here we go again. Tomorrow I’m heading north.
My Christmas wish for you is wonderful connections with no layovers.
ReplyDeleteSafe travels and we hope you spend more time with family then in the airports.
ReplyDeleteHope you don't have to spread too much cheer in airports. Have a wonderful Merry Christmas and be safe and warm.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Jeri. Have fun with your family in Washington. Love from Doug and I.
ReplyDelete