Monday, March 14, 2011

New York, New York Roller Coaster

DSC00597

There are a few thrill rides in the Las Vegas area. Some places you can even find things for kids … big kids that is. The New York, New York in Las Vegas is definitely a hotel for those kids. The roller coaster is just one of the thrills they offer. On the second floor of the resort hotel is Coney Island. New York actually has a Coney Island so this resort had to have it too. Coney Island is loaded with games and many, many quarter-suckers. I’m sure they have them all.

insideny

We were to meet Jerry & Janice and Sandie & Jim at the entrance to the Roller Coaster at 10:00. According to the website, that’s when the first ride was to begin. However, it really didn’t open until 10:30. It’s not a cheap thrill but there really aren’t very many cheap thrills down on The Strip. Sure, there are some free shows along the streets but that’s mainly to beckon you inside the walls of the casino. Just like the resorts of the Venetian and Paris’ Eiffel Tower, New York New York is laid out with walkways giving the impression that you are actually in that city. Those are the hotels so far I like the best.

coasterrides

Janice, Sandie and I gladly offered to hold the belongings while the three “boys” opted for the thrill ride. This isn’t an ordinary thrill. To begin with the cost of the ride isn’t ordinary either. They lighten your wallet by $14.00 just so you can experience it. The following facts are what they boast about.

  • 4777 feet of track
  • Height of 203 feet
  • Drops at 144 feet
  • Speeds up to 67 mph
  • Thrilling force of negative g’s.
  • Rolls 180 degrees
  • Hangs 86 feet in the air

The roller coaster simulates a barrel roll in a fighter as the rider experiences knuckle thrills. All three survived the ride and walked away with a grin on their faces.

JimTerryRoller

Friday night was seafood night at Sam’s Town. It wasn’t cheap but it was certainly good. Just like I said above, not much is cheap around here. Meal deals used to be known for cheap feeds but that certainly isn’t the case anymore. There are a few specials and a few come-ons but not a lot.

There are a few more casinos on The Strip I’d like to check out but we’re actually getting a little casinoed-out. I know that isn’t a word but you get the picture. These huge, huge resorts have humungous casinos, numerous restaurants, many shops and some have properties that take up several city blocks. Getting through them obviously takes a while. If you’re just looking at the casino portion, you could actually say that part of them pretty much all look alike.

Check out the two plates Jerry used to scoop up his food from the seafood buffet line. Yes, there was still room for desert. He also helped himself to three (that was 3) different desserts. Next in the photo above is Terry’s plate but I bet you guessed it since he’s not much of a seafood eater. We all ate his share.

Then, there is my food plate. Actually, it was my first food plate. We all made a pig out of ourselves on the seafood. Jerry was just in the right position at the right time so that I could get his picture.

4 comments:

  1. Never tried one of the seaweed buffet things myownself. But I guess ya never ate at a pig and possum potluck yerownself, else you would have been sayin' that this one weren't all that great. Though maybe that Terry has pigged out on pork n possum a time or two, a lookin' at the lack of seafeed on that plate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would need to be sedated to go on that thing!!! No Way Hose!

    How do you stay so thin and eat all the food? I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have said this was the "before" pictures of the guys when their hair wasn't all messed up and the look of fear wasn't on their face. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun! Some of these are going in my digital photo frame.

    ReplyDelete