I’ve learned when you harbor bitterness that happiness will dock elsewhere.
Wednesday started early. It was especially early for Terry. He was out of bed and ready to go way before his normal hour. We were heading back to Portland. At only 75 miles it really wasn’t a long drive. Lee was scheduled for surgery at 7:30 am. Construction crews were everywhere and they start pretty early in the morning. The drive may not have been long but it sure seemed that way with all the road work.
Lee’s surgery didn’t go as planned. Actually, it didn't go at all since the surgery was put off until Thursday. There had been a small plane crash and the surgeon was going to be busy stitching them up first. I did get a picture of Lee in his cast riding the little motorized cart at Wal-Mart. The problem is I took the picture with my iPhone and it was very blurry. So, I thought best not to post it.
| Previous crabs we got that we had to throw back since they were too small. Hopefully, they are bigger this year and we'll be able to keep them. |
We were also anxious to see the new full cover on the boat. It had been ordered while we were in Sequim. This was our first look at the finished product. We’re getting anxious to give the boat a try. We’ll be moving down the coast towards Nehalem Bay shortly and plan to have that boat filled with crab. At least that’s what we hope.
The Electric Quilt software I ordered for designing quilts had arrived. I really get excited about new software so was pretty stoked to pick this up. I’ll probably have more fun figuring out the software than actually making the quilt. I find that designing is the hardest part. It's amazing how many hours I can stare at a piece of fabric hoping for an idea. I think that’s because I want to consolidate everything into one busy quilt --- photos on fabric, embroidery and applique. I have lots of ideas but thank goodness they are just ideas. Our little motorhome isn’t big enough to store all the quilts that I imagine I'm going to make. I'd have to give them away and who wants a virtual quilt? !!
| Cute fabric I found but what am I going to do with it ?? |
While there we picked up a new wireless HP printer from Staples and visited the DSW Shoe Store. My shoes were getting pretty thin on the bottom. They needed to be replaced and I figured DSW was a good place to do it. I ended up with two pairs. Then, we made a quick stop at WINCO, of course, before we got on the road back to the coast.
Construction workers had gone home for the day on our return trip so it was a lot faster going back to the coast than heading inland. Thank goodness!
In a few more days we'll be making another trip back to pick up the boat, our crab nets and fishing poles. Then, we'll be able to say Let's Go Crabbing. The park we'll be at has a huge pot for cooking all the crabs we catch in the bay. Hopefully, the next pictures I post of crab will be with us sitting at our picnic table and eating them. We just need the weather to cooperate a bit now. A cold front with a few showers seems to be looming in the near future.
In a few more days we'll be making another trip back to pick up the boat, our crab nets and fishing poles. Then, we'll be able to say Let's Go Crabbing. The park we'll be at has a huge pot for cooking all the crabs we catch in the bay. Hopefully, the next pictures I post of crab will be with us sitting at our picnic table and eating them. We just need the weather to cooperate a bit now. A cold front with a few showers seems to be looming in the near future.
Oh, I love that fabric. If you still have it when we see you, I can make something. A quilt? a wall hanging? How much did you buy?
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool fabric, too bad you can't use it. You've got to figure something out, it's so perfect for the RV theme.
ReplyDeleteMaybe it'll come to you over some freshly steamed crabs (drool).
Where can I find some of that great material??? I'd love to make a wall hanging out of it.
ReplyDeleteI'd have to make a throw pillow from that fabric. It's too busy for me to cope with anything larger than that. Do you know Bill Joyce? I can see him wearing a shirt made from it.
ReplyDeleteHey Jeri, you guys better get busy Crabbing. I've already caught 40 this year that were the size of the one in your picture. Dang I'm getting tired of picking Crab.
ReplyDeleteJoe
I am anxious to see how that software works. I think the fabric is cute. We have never gone crabbing! Good luck. I do love eating them.
ReplyDeleteI've gotten behind on reading some posts. Love the shoes - they look just like you. I got two new pairs - different colors, exact same style as what I wear all the time. Love them. Cute fabric.
ReplyDelete