The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune. - English Proverb
Saturday we took our last ride in the desert at the base of the Superstition Mountains. It had been fun riding in this area. However, on this day the ride was a little different for us since it had rained the day before. Some of the trails were a little muddy.
Notice the difference in tires.
Guess which one is mine and which one is Terry’s.
Guess who cleans the ATVs when we return from a ride.
Riding in the mud was so much fun!
After our ride, we loaded the ATVs on our trailer for departure Sunday morning. It always feels good to be on the road again. We weren’t going far but we were moving again. That nomad spirit sure doesn’t take a rest for very long.
Our drive wasn’t far. After saying goodbye to our neighbors we pulled out of the park for our 41 mile move down the road. Since departure day was Sunday, traffic was very light. When we arrived at our new site, we were thrilled to discover that only three other RVs were there. We loved that. It’s so unlike parking lot RV parks.
Monday we’re finally celebrating my REAL birthday. I’ve been celebrating the birthday for about a month now. Remember my surprise birthday party last month? That was when all the celebrating started. It started with an ATV outing with the “kids”. They used that as an excuse for a surprise birthday party. It was fun and it was wonderful.
Then, a couple weeks later I posted that Terry and I did a little birthday shopping too.
This was another early birthday present.
We didn’t intend on being anywhere close to a shopping mall over the holiday weekend. We HATE to fight the crowds and even hate standing in lines more. However, we did have a couple things to return to Harbor Freight and we just happened to pass Joann’s Fabrics. Thus, we had to stop. I had a couple 50% off coupons. After all, my birthday was just around the corner. I had to buy me something. Well, actually, Terry is the one who stood in that long line and bought them. You can guess by the purchase that I’m hoping to get my sewing machine back from the shop soon.
This is what WE bought ME as more birthday presents.
Our plans for the day? Well, we’re meeting our friends, Jim and Sandie, on Monday for brisket and ribs. Nummy.
Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to Me!
(And, many more)
** Also, Monday is “D” Day for the Dahls! Congratulations on the closing!!
Happy Birthday to You. And tomorrow we get to party hardy!!! I won't even begin to tell you how jealous I am that you got to move somewhere, anywhere.
ReplyDeleteCheck your mail in the morning Jeri. Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY Carrie! How nice of Terry to give you such wonderful gifts. How did he ever know? Have a great party with the Dixons!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Today is my oldest son's birthday too. He just turned 45. I am guessing your are probably 39 :-)
ReplyDeleteD-Day it is! On on such a great date, too...!
ReplyDeleteYou got some great presents, but hey, you only turn 19 once.
Enjoy your day! :c)
Happy Birthday. Sorry we will miss everyone this winter. Have a few cold ones for us okay!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jeri!!
ReplyDelete