Gain a modest reputation for being unreliable and you'll never be asked to do a thing.
We actually did something a little different on Wednesday. It was something I wasn’t too happy about either. My sewing machine went in to the repair shop. Ugh! I had things to do and it wasn’t doing what I wanted it to do. Now you might think it was the operator but it really wasn’t. The good thing is I discovered a huge shop in Mesa. Oh my lands! It was huge. I told Terry I needed to dump him one afternoon and make another trip in there to check out all the crafts and fabric. I doubt he’d want to go with me anyway. Oh well, my sewing is now on hold for about a week and I absolutely hate it. How will I ever get my projects done??
We didn’t ride on Wednesday either. After all, we’re pretty busy folks. Our neighbors invited us to go to a get together with them. We did but discovered they had the wrong date for the get together. It’s actually on Thursday and not on Wednesday. Oops. Haven't we all done that? 
We met Jim and Sandie at Superstition Skies. This place has the most fantastic duo. We went last year to listen to Brant and Kerry. They are really, really good. The food? Well, prime rib was the special for the evening and Terry couldn’t pass it up. His comment – it was excellent. For an extra $5 you could add a slab of ribs and they were excellent too.
If you happened to drive down the road in front of Superstition Skies, you’d think it was a real dive from the outside. Maybe that’s what makes it such a special place. It’s different. The restaurant has been around since the early 50’s even though the owners have changed. This place was popular back when ladies of the evening, cowboys and movie stars were a common sight there. During the filming of many Apacheland western movies the stars frequented
this place. The bench Elvis sat on is still there for all to see. Do you think they are waiting for him to show up again? Not only was it one of Elvis’ haunts, Ronald Reagan, Kenny Rogers, and Marty Robins walked through those doors. This place and it’s surroundings will definitely make you feel part of the Old Wild West. And, the music of Brant and Kerry on Wednesday evenings is fantastic!
We can't wait to get out there! Looks like plenty of things to see and do. Hope the ATVs enjoy the downtime.
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed to see you've developed a taste for prime rib, but then, it's kinda' hard to got crabbing in the desert...
Do you suppose your huge store would have fabric with fish on it? Had such a great time last night. Looking forward to tonight.
ReplyDeleteFish material - hmmmm I will watch for that.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool place. You better find those types of places when we get out there!
ReplyDelete